Force India to Race at Belgian GP Under New Name and Ownership

Force India Becomes Racing Point Force India, Forfeits Constructors’ Championship Points

Force India Becomes Racing Point Force India, Forfeits Constructors’ Championship Points

Finalized on Thursday August 16, the new ownership sees the investors - led by Lawrence Stroll - secure the future of the team.

To do so, approval was needed from all other F1 teams but not all agreed.

However, Stroll's consortium was blocked from obtaining the Force India entry and instead purchased the assets of the team last week.

The former Force India team has been granted a new entry to Formula 1 following their rescue from administration earlier this month.

Szafnauer added that it was the FIA that had requested the addition of "Racing Point" at the start of the team's official name in order to formally differentiate it from its predecessor.

"I think continuity of the name is something the Formula One Group want so that it doesn't confuse the fans".

We thought it was prudent to keep Force India for the fans.

"We have a great management team in place and this stability will be extremely valuable as we begin the new era". If you look at us we're exactly the same.

Anti-vaccination lies 'spread by Russian trolls to impact United States elections'
Researchers from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, and the University of Maryland also took part in the study. The researchers warn that “more research is needed to determine how best to combat bot-driven content”.

"I wish him all the best with Force India, it is definitely a very exciting future for him".

Force India were sixth with 59 points before the change of owner, but are now bottom of the championship. That's the only reason for Racing Point being there. "We are all passionate about motor racing; we recognize the racers' spirit in Force India, and we are extremely motivated to make this team even more special in the years ahead".

However, an unfolding situation at Spa-Francorchamps on Thursday is now pointing to the next race at Monza as the most likely when any changes will be possible.

Racing Point Force India's team principal Otmar Szafnauer said, "The new Racing Point Force India Team is delighted to be able to race when the championship resumes in Belgium this weekend".

The FIA have given Racing Point Force India permission to race at this weekend's Belgian Grand Prix, following the successful takeover by a consortium led by Lawrence Stroll. "And that will determine some of the prize fund for the following year".

The team continue with drivers Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon, although Stroll's son Lance, who this year drives for Williams, is expected to join them at the latest by the start of next season. But the FIA has chose to close that loophole and has made sure Force India continues with the same engine allocation it had under its previous entry.

"I'm confident we can recover", said Szafnauer. "I've got to thank the teams for supporting us". "We see a different structure and, financially, the team has a much more stable future for the coming years".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.