Formula 1 team to come out of administration

Lawrence Stroll and his son and F1 driver Lance Stroll

Lawrence Stroll and his son and F1 driver Lance Stroll

It has now emerged that a consortium led by Williams driver Lance Stroll's father, Lawrence Stroll, has made a bid for the team that has been accepted by the administrators.

A deal has been agreed with the joint administrators, appointed by FRP Advisory, to return the team to solvency.

Ocon had been in the frame for a drive at Renault but now that Daniel Ricciardo has that seat, the most likely scenarios are that Ocon will remain with Perez taking his considerable budget to Williams or should Perez be the driver kept at the team, Ocon will move to Haas with Romain Grosjean possibly exiting the sport.

"All creditors will be paid in full, all jobs will be preserved, and the team will have significant funding to invest in its future".

Force India chief operations officer Otmar Szafnauer and his senior management team worked with the administrator to find investors with the aim of securing the long-term future of the business.

The Force India F1 team are to be rescued from administration by a group of investors led by Lawrence Stroll.

Playing an Extra Batsman at Lord's Would be Conservative, Says Bharat Arun
India lost the first Test by 31 runs and the second Test will start at the "Home of Cricket" from Thursday. Arun suggested that India was not considering fielding a sixth specialist batsman.

They take over from previous owners Vijay Mallya, Subrata Roy and the Mol family.

"At Force India, our expertise and commitment has meant that we have always punched above our weight and this new investment ensures that we have a bright future ahead of us", he added. Stroll junior made his debut with Williams past year and has been supported in F1 by funding secured by his father.

Several other parties had expressed interest, including two USA consortiums and a British firm. "The quality of the various interested parties has been impressive and required careful consideration as the administration has progressed".

"As a result of a serious process, we finally received a very strong offer to save the company and restore solvency", he said.

Frenchman Esteban Ocon and Mexico's Sergio Perez are now the Force India drivers, although the arrival of Lawrence Stroll could open the door for a move from struggling Williams for his son.

It needs the change of ownership to be completed so it can commission suppliers to produce upgraded parts, which will be crucial in Force India's championship battle.

Recommended News

  • American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans

    American Horror Story: Apocalypse adds more series veterans

    Being a crossover between the two aforementioned seasons, it was expected that more previous characters would return. A trailer for AHS: Apocalypse dropped yesterday.
    Alexander Zverev reaches Citi Open final

    Alexander Zverev reaches Citi Open final

    Zverev joined a list of back-to-back Washington champions that includes Andre Agassi , Michael Chang and Juan Martin del Potro . Rublev beat local product Denis Kudla, a Junior Tennis Champions Center, 6-1, 6-4 before losing in three sets to de Minaur.
    Spanish fighter jet accidentally fires missile over Estonia

    Spanish fighter jet accidentally fires missile over Estonia

    Estonian Prime Minister Juri Ratas said on Facebook "thank God" there were "no human casualties" due to this "startling incident", which he called "extremely regrettable ".
  • Sixers rookie Zhaire Smith fractures left foot

    Sixers rookie Zhaire Smith fractures left foot

    An MRI in Philadelphia on Tuesday revealed Smith, 19, has a Jones fracture in his foot. In one season at Texas Tech, the high-flying guard averaged 11 points per game.
    Jose Mourinho working on £89m Milinkovic-Savic deal

    Jose Mourinho working on £89m Milinkovic-Savic deal

    Jose Mourinho is facing up to more disappointment in the transfer window with Juventus closing in on a big-money deal for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.
    Arsenal Plan To Offer €100m Deal To Sign Ousmane Dembele

    Arsenal Plan To Offer €100m Deal To Sign Ousmane Dembele

    The Sun says Pogba has told United he wants a £200k-a-week pay rise - if he has to stay. Solhekol wrote on Twitter: " Barcelona serious about wanting to sign Paul Pogba ".
  • Najib out on extended bail for new RM42m money-laundering case

    Najib out on extended bail for new RM42m money-laundering case

    Each charge is punishable by up to 15 years' jail and a fine of not less than five times the proceeds of the illegal activity. Last month, he claimed trial to three charges of criminal breach of trust (CBT) and one charge of abuse of power.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could come bundled with goodies

    Samsung Galaxy Note 9 could come bundled with goodies

    This time around Samsung is likely to launch a 512GB version of the phone , which may very well cross the $1,000 threshold. The camera will feature Samsung's variable aperture system, which will allow users to switch between f/1.5 and f/2.4.
    What is hypersonic aircraft?

    What is hypersonic aircraft?

    The aircraft then landed in a designated landing zone, where it provided researchers with "effective" test data. The US and Russian Federation have been researching and testing "waveriders" since 2010.
  • Priyanka Chopra finally opens up about alleged engagement with Nick Jonas

    Priyanka Chopra finally opens up about alleged engagement with Nick Jonas

    The post Priyanka Chopra Finally Breaks Silence On Her Engagement With Boyfriend Nick Jonas! appeared first on Popdiaries . The actress has been in the midst of rumours that she has got engaged to Jonas, who is 10 years younger to her.
    Don't miss the Perseid meteor shower this weekend

    Don't miss the Perseid meteor shower this weekend

    At this time, you will be able to see the most shooting stars. "You can look anywhere you want to - even directly overhead". This is due to the new moon, which means that it will be extra dark on the night of the peak.

    Dallas County announces first West Nile Virus death of 2018

    In an outbreak in 2012, more than 1,000 people were infected and 36 people died across four North Texas counties. The Health Department wants to remind the public that the virus is present and has been around for many years.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.