Toddlers survive alone for days after mother killed in Arkansas car crash

Malcolm Turnbull says he doesn't anticipate another leadership challenge

Malcolm Turnbull says he doesn't anticipate another leadership challenge

A three-year-old boy and his one-year-old brother survive for two days in a vehicle wreck after a crash that killed their mother in south Arkansas. They immediately started a search to figure out where the disheveled-looking child came from.

Officers brought the toddler back to their headquarters and posted a photo of him to social media in the hopes someone would be able to identify him.

"We lost two", James Holliman said. "He later colored and played with cars, but he wasn't real vocal".

Eventually, they found the wreckage and his one-year-old brother, still fastened to the his baby seat, alive in the back of the vehicle. After uploading the child's picture of Facebook, within a half-hour Kylen was identified.

"When he climbed out of that vehicle, seeing his mother dead like she was, he tried to wake his mom up", James Holliman told KARK.

The family added that they had last heard from Lisa on Thursday or Friday, the week before.

Later on Monday, police went back to the road where Kylen was found and discovered a wrecked auto in a deep ravine not visible from the road. Inside was the 1-year-old toddler still alive and seated.

WATCH and VOTE: Premier League goals of the week
City have won both of their opening games of the new Premier League season, and next play newly-promoted Wolves on August 25.

Nathan said about what might have happened, "it appeared she had been ejected for the vehicle and she had been deceased for quite some time".

According to Fox 16, 3-year-old Kylen was able to get out of his auto seat and escape through the sunroof.

The younger boy was taken to Arkansas Children's Hospital to be treated for dehydration, but his condition isn't life-threatening, police said. Holliman's father, James, tells KARK Kylen was able to unstrap himself and exit the vehicle through the sunroof.

"My entire 11 years I have never seen something so traumatic and so unbelievable", Greeley said. Had he not done that, we easily could have been working two more deaths. "They had one hell of a stay down there".

"All I can say is, in the 11 years that I've been here, I have never seen something so tragic and incredible at the same time", he said.

Officers said the incident was "nothing short of a miracle" after the two boys were able to survive the elements. "At the end of the day, that boy is the hero who saved his brother".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.