Trump hits CNN and NBC, urges 'look at their license': tweet

NBC Defends Decision on Ronan Farrow’s Weinstein Story

NBC Defends Decision on Ronan Farrow’s Weinstein Story

We asked them - tell us what, if anything, we can broadcast.

Lack said he wasn't even aware the story was in the works the first time Weinstein called him.

"If some believe that decision a failure of our competitive instincts, so be it", Lack said.

For some, though, that time is now.

After reading Lack's letter emailed to staff members on Monday, Farrow's former producer, Rich McHugh, said that it pointed to the need for an independent investigation into the network's handling of the story.

She had been willing to go on the record with Mr.

While Farrow reportedly plans to share his side of the story in more detail in the near future, he responded to the memo in a tweet on Monday, claiming Lack's memo "contains numerous false or misleading statements".

New Die Hard film to be titled McClane
Instead, Empire has revealed that it will actually be called McClane , as producer Lorenzo diBonaventura told the outlet. Last year YouGov polled United Kingdom movie fans on whether Die Hard was a Christmas movie or not.

"To attempt to impugn his character or his conduct in his tireless work to publish this story is shameful", Ms. Nestor said.

"Contrary to recent allegations, at no point did NBC obstruct Farrow's reporting or "kill" an interview", Lack wrote.

He also detailed contact NBC News president Noah Oppenheim had with the Weinstein team, including the time lawyer Lanny Davis showed up at NBC's Rockefeller Center studio without an appointment. From 1993 to 2001, he oversaw the news division.

"NBC FAKE NEWS, which is under intense scrutiny over their killing the Harvey Weinstein story, is now fumbling around making excuses for their probably highly unethical conduct".

Later in the message, he added, "For the past nine months, it has been our belief that the "story" here is about Harvey Weinstein's horrendous behaviour and about the suffering and bravery of his victims, rather than a back-and-forth between a reporter and his producer and a news network".

The next day, August 18, 2017, the internal NBC document reports that Farrow told the head of the NBC investigative unit that he was "pleased with the outcome and considers the arrangement with NBC News to be amicable". Even one on-the-record testimony from a Weinstein insider should have made this an easy journalistic decision.

FAKE NEWS, which is under intense scrutiny over their killing the Harvey Weinstein story, is now fumbling around making excuses for their probably highly unethical conduct. And at any rate, the results speak for themselves. That account clashes with Lack's memo, which asserted that no women had agreed to go on the record, leading NBC to decide against moving forward with the story. This story doesn't seem any more convincing than those preceding it.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.