OH boy tests positive for meth after trick-or-treating

A 5-year-old boy tested positive for meth after trick-or-treating. And it wasn’t from the candy	 	 	 			Dan Kitwood  Getty Images

A 5-year-old boy tested positive for meth after trick-or-treating. And it wasn’t from the candy Dan Kitwood Getty Images

A five-year-old boy has reportedly tested positive for methamphetamine after going trick-or-treating for Halloween.

Julia Pence, the boy's mother, said she rushed to the hospital after hearing he had a seizure.

The child was rushed to hospital where his urine samples tested positive for the highly addictive and risky substance, better known as Crystal Meth.

The mum-of-two said: 'He was disorientated.

"He was disoriented, he didn't know who was who and where he was at", Pence told CNN.

"You can tell he is still coming down from it", she told the news outlet. He was really wired and kind of aggressive'.

While doctors have said Braylen will make a full recovery from the intake of meth, police are urging parents to be extra vigilant when it comes to treats collected by their children.

"This does not happen often", he said. "When we came home he was real exhausted, he was coming down from it".

Philip Hammond accused of gambling with the public finances
However, it added that this improvement had been swallowed up by the extra spending promised for the NHS by the prime minister in June.

'I will never let my kids go trick or treating again'.

Among the child's treats he'd collected from nearby homes was a set of fake vampire teeth, which he tried on twice.

Authorities said an investigation has been launched, although they have not confirmed whether candy laced with meth is what led to the boy's hospitalization, according to a Facebook post. We are waiting for the toxicology report.

Pence told WBNS-TV that although she and her husband are recovering drug addicts, they have both been clean for several years, and she is positive that the boy did not come in contact with meth from anything other than trick-or-treating.

The family left the hospital late Sunday night after doctors monitored Braylen for seven hours. "That kid could've died", she added.

Despite the scare, Pence is just happy her son is okay.

'My baby sure has been a trooper through this whole thing'.

"Right now, there's nothing specific", said Galion Police Chief Brian Saterfield.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.