Rafael Nadal withdraws from ATP Brisbane due to injury

H2H Denis Shapovalov vs. Joao Sousa Match Preview Auckland

H2H Denis Shapovalov vs. Joao Sousa Match Preview Auckland

But Nadal said he would remain in Brisbane until the weekend to prepare for this month's opening grand slam, insisting he could prove his fitness in five days in a bid to claim a second Australian Open title.

"I want to feel myself competitive every week that I am on court and I want to keep fighting for the things that really make me feel alive, you know, for the things that motivate me". I will not stop practising.

Nadal said doctors were confident he would be fit to play in Melbourne.

'I feel better than I did four days ago...

"But I really believe that I will be 100 per cent ready for Melbourne".

"I can't do my 100 per cent".

Madonna Appears to Have Massive Butt Implants in New Year's Eve Video
Madonna thrilled some New Year's Eve revelers when she dropped by New York's Stonewall Inn for an impromptu performance. Although she did not directly mention the butt implants rumors , it does sound like this is what she was referring to.

Although bitterly disappointed that he would not be able to perform for the Brisbane crowd, the world No. 2 said on Wednesday evening that he still plans to make January's Australian Open Grand Slam.

Incidentally, of the last 13 hard-court tournaments that Nadal has participated in or was supposed to participate in, he has won one and withdrawn from or retired from the other 12.

However, after conferring with his doctors he chose to withdraw to ensure he would be fit to play the Australian Open later this month. Nadal had to retire in the fifth set of his quarterfinal match against Marin Cilic at last year's Australian Open and he said earlier this week that he is changing his approach this season. Now, he has had his Brisbane preparation disrupted by ankle surgery in November.

The Spaniard opted not to play his second match at an exhibition event in Abu Dhabi last week after tweaking his thigh and is anxious about the risk of exacerbating the problem.

Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, Alexander Zverev and Lucas Pouille all said that they will not play the one-week final stage this year, which means already three current top 10s are sidelined.

"But no doubt that the person that is more affected and who suffers more in this situation is me".

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.