Prince Philip, 97, will not be prosecuted over Sandringham car crash

Prince Philip

Prince Philip

Prince Philip won't face charges in connection with a vehicle collision that left two women injured, British prosecutors said Thursday.

The collision took place on the afternoon 17 January on the A149 at Sandringham.

The CPS statement did not name the prince but referred to "a driver involved in a collision on the A149 at Sandringham".

Earlier this month, the Duke surrendered his driving licence following the crash.

On Thursday, the prosecutors decided it was not in the public interest to prosecute the Queen's husband.

Chris Long, chief prosecutor at the Crown Prosecution Service for the...

The 97-year-old voluntarily gave up his driving licence on Saturday after his Land Rover Freelander collided with another vehicle in Norfolk last month.

Asked whether the Duke could drive on private land in future, the spokesperson added: "If the Duke of Edinburgh did drive on private land that would be in accordance with all relevant regulations".

Molson Coors' shares fall on accounting errors, lower sales
On average, equities analysts predict that Molson Coors Brewing Co will post 4.96 earnings per share for the current fiscal year. Rampart Inv Mgmt Ltd Limited Liability Company has 0.06% invested in Molson Coors Brewing Company (NYSE:TAP) for 7,629 shares.

The 97-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II escaped unhurt from the collision on January 17 when he pulled out onto a main road, colliding with an oncoming auto near the Royals' Sandringham estate in eastern England.

Britain's Prince Philip, in his role as Captain General, Royal Marines, attends a Parade on the Buckingham Palace Forecourt, in central London, Britain August 2, 2017. The husband of Queen Elizabeth II was driving a Land Rover near the royal family's Sandringham estate in eastern England when he smashed into another auto on January 17.

"In other words, the sun was shining low over the main road".

The collision raised questions about whether Prince Philip should still be driving.

The Kia was carrying a mother, her nine-month-old baby boy and another female passenger, Emma Fairweather.

"I would like you to know how very sorry I am for my part in the accident at the Babingley cross-roads", he wrote. "I wish you a speedy recovery from a very distressing experience", before signing the letter as "Philip".

Emma Fairweather, who broke her wrist in the accident, previously told the Sunday Mirror that she had not received an apology from the Duke, but Philip did send her a letter that was later published in the Sunday Mirror.

Two days after the collision, he was photographed driving without his seatbelt.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.