Queen Elizabeth to be evacuated in case of Brexit unrest: British media

Plan to evacuate the Queen after a no-deal Brexit

Plan to evacuate the Queen after a no-deal Brexit

British officials have revived cold war emergency plans to whisk Royals away to safe locations in the event of no-deal riots in the Capital.

This was reported by two British newspapers on Sunday.

It quoted an unnamed source from the government's Cabinet Office, which handles sensitive administrative issues.

"These emergency evacuation plans have been in existence since the Cold War, but have now been repurposed in the event of civil disorder following a no-deal Brexit", the Cabinet Office source told The Sunday Times.

European leaders have said there will be no renegotiation without a substantial shift in United Kingdom red lines.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, a Conservative MP and keen supporter of Brexit, told the Mail on Sunday he believed the plans to evacuate Royals showed "unnecessary panic" by officials.

Although these plans have been put in place, there is not guarantee that the Queen would leave London.

'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 3 Super Bowl Trailer: Wake Up, America
But of course, what else would you expect from Gilead? "Wake up America", June says. Watch The Handmaid's Tale season 3 Super Bowl trailer below.

Business leaders, economists, MPs and cabinet members have all warned of the disruption that could be caused to businesses and public services if the United Kingdom crashes out of the European Union on 29 March before reaching a deal.

If there had been enough warning, they would have then been moved to HMS Brittania, the Queen's personal yacht, which had orders to move to islands off the northwest of Scotland, if conflict seemed inevitable.

Queen Elizabeth II sits with Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh as she delivers her speech during the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords at the Palace of Westminster on June 4, 2014 in London, England.

It appears to be the first time Her Majesty has spoken about Brexit, as she toasted to the Dutch Royal Family.

The Queen Mother said: "The children won't go without me".

"As we look toward a new partnership with Europe, it is our shared values and commitment to each other, that are out greatest asset, and demonstrate that even through change, our enduring alliance remains strong, and as innovators, traders and internationalists we look with confidence to the future".

Recommended News

  • Gisele Bündchen admits the real reason she split from Leonardo DiCaprio

    Gisele Bündchen admits the real reason she split from Leonardo DiCaprio

    The famous pair got married in 2009 after she spent 5 years with DiCaprio. "In the end, unfortunately, the answer was yes". The couple is now preparing for another Super Bowl this weekend and have two kids Benjamin, 9, and Viviane, 6.
    Patriots blame TB12 training on Rob Gronkowski’s injuries

    Patriots blame TB12 training on Rob Gronkowski’s injuries

    National Football League players are, nearly by definition, larger than life and Rob Gronkowski is one of the largest. I'll be watching him, but that's also because my wife is a massive Patriots fan.
    U.S.  stocks edge up after strong jobs data, mixed earnings

    U.S. stocks edge up after strong jobs data, mixed earnings

    The results weighed on the Nasdaq, while retailers Walmart Inc, Macy's Inc and Kohl's Corp dropped about 2 percent. At midday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 109.06 points, or 0.44 percent, to 25,108.73.
  • UK PM May will seek 'pragmatic' solution to Brexit deal in Brussels

    UK PM May will seek 'pragmatic' solution to Brexit deal in Brussels

    He slammed the European Union as "irresponsible" for sticking to the old deal as Theresa May heads to Brussels to "battle". The prime minister rejected accusations that plans to reopen the backstop talks risked upsetting the Irish peace process.
    Washington Post Union Head Fredrick Kunkle Rips Super Bowl Ad

    Washington Post Union Head Fredrick Kunkle Rips Super Bowl Ad

    While the publication declined to reveal how much it is paying for the 60-second slot, a CNBC report said CBS is charging a record $5.25m for a 30-second slot.
    Toll in Brazil dam disaster rises to 115 dead

    Toll in Brazil dam disaster rises to 115 dead

    The dam break killed at least 110 people on January 25, and there is an ongoing search for hundreds still listed as missing. This is the second dam disaster in three years to hit Brazilian mining company Vale.
  • Tony Romo's psychic football powers put to the test by recent study

    Tony Romo's psychic football powers put to the test by recent study

    As a result, many viewers think is a football soothsayer, to The Wall Street Journal set out to see if that's actually the case. The Cowboys fired Scott Linehan, but Romo doesn't expect much change other than the name of the coordinator.
    Knicks say they had as many as eight offers for Kristaps Porzingis

    Knicks say they had as many as eight offers for Kristaps Porzingis

    Porzingis will reportedly not play for the Mavericks this season as he continues recovering from an ACL tear he suffered a year ago.
    Google sets April 2 closing date for Google Plus

    Google sets April 2 closing date for Google Plus

    Users are encouraged to download and save photos, videos, and posts; anything backed up to Google Photos is secure. But it should be remembered that Google will keep Google+ going (at least for now) for enterprise users.
  • Trump says talks on wall are a 'waste of time'

    The president then repeated his cryptic claim: "We've set the stage for what's going to happen". Now, however, Democrats say they're no longer willing to extend money to the project.
    Nokia 2 V is a $70 Verizon Android Oreo Go phone

    Nokia 2 V is a $70 Verizon Android Oreo Go phone

    Flanking both the top and bottom of the screen are dual front-facing speakers, while a 4,000mAh battery powers the smartphone. But, today's listing on TENAA (China's certification agency), has made it clear that Nokia will showcase a feature phone .
    Pentagon sending another 3,750 troops to Southwest border

    Pentagon sending another 3,750 troops to Southwest border

    There are also about 2,200 National Guard troops who have been serving on the southern border since last April. President Donald Trump confirmed that additional troops would be sent via a tweet on Thursday.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.