Nets to be sold for $2.35 billion

Nets to be sold for $2.35 billion

Nets to be sold for $2.35 billion

Kyrie knows better than anyone that chemistry is what helps give teams an edge during the season and over the last few weeks, he has been spotted practicing with his new Nets teammates.

Joseph Tsai, the co-founder of e-commerce company Alibaba who already owned 49 percent of the franchise, will purchase the remaining 51 percent from Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov for a total of $2.35 billion, according to the New York Post.

The $2.35-billion figure becomes the most expensive purchase for a North American sports franchise, surpassing the $2.2-billion acquisitions of the Carolina Panthers and Houston Rockets - both in 2018.

Tsai purchased 49 percent of the Nets previous year for $1 billion. At that time, the 55-year-old businessman locked in the right to buy the remaining 51% of the team before the 2021-2022 basketball season for an additional $1.35 billion.

Trump confirms China moving troops to Hong Kong border
The chaotic situation eventually ended when protesters allowed ambulance workers to take the man away on a stretcher. The man was later driven away in an ambulance after fellow protesters and volunteer medics carried him away.

The Nets conclude the regular season at home against the Milwaukee Bucks on April 15 in what could be a matchup of two of the Eastern Conference's top teams heading into the playoffs.

The Nets signed Durant for $164 million, despite an Achilles tendon injury that should keep him on the sidelines for a year.

Tsai is worth an estimated $9.9 billion. Tsai is a member of NBA China, which conducts league business in that country, even though he doesn't yet control a team. The team declined to comment about the report in the Post.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.