Vanilla Ice Wrapped Up In Emirates Quarantine Drama

The CDC noted in a statement that passengers "complained of illness including cough and some with fever", adding that health officials and local authorities were taking their temperatures and transporting those who were sick to a hospital.

The "Ice Ice Baby" rapper tweeted Wednesday afternoon that he was on the upper floor of the double-decker Emirates A380 flight from Dubai to John F. Kennedy Airport in NY that reported over 100 sick passengers and crew when it landed.

Emirates airlines, the operator of the flight, initially said in a tweet that about 10 passengers had fallen ill.

The A380 flying as EK203 landed at 9 in the morning at JFK, with close to 500 passengers onboard after a 13 hours and 39 minutes flight from Dubai.

Passengers are assisted by air cabin crew and the emergency services after a flight from Dubai to NY was placed under quarantine.

Earlier, Dubai-based Emirates said in a statement that 10 passengers "were taken ill" on the flight from the Middle Eastern country and were transported to a hospital.

Homosexuality No Longer A Crime, Rules Supreme Court On Section 377
But Chief Justice Misra finally observed that the Bench should first decide the question of the constitutionality of Section 377 . It also said that the section was in contravention to Articles 14 and 15, which guarantee equality and prohibit discrimination.

The rest of the passengers were reportedly released.

Emergency crews are responding to JFK Airport after a jetliner carrying a number of passengers described as seriously ill landed at JFK International Airport. A total of three passengers and seven crew members were transferred to a hospital.

New York City mayor Bill de Blasio has been briefed on the incident, spokesman Eric Phillips wrote on Twitter.

News helicopters showed the jet sitting on the tarmac surrounded by ambulances, vehicles and airport personnel.

Health officials may follow up with passengers who were released, the CDC said. At 11:03 a.m., he added: "Happy to report that I am through customs and on my way home".

A representative for the New York City Mayor's Office has confirmed all passengers had been evaluated a few hours after landing and health officials were "processing tests to determine the cause" of the in-flight sickness.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.