Marvel and Sony's Spider-Man agreement has reportedly ended

Spider-Man Far From Home is the second film in MCU’s Spider Man series

Spider-Man Far From Home is the second film in MCU’s Spider Man series

This means that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will not be producing any future Spider-Man films.

As reported by Deadline, Sony is bringing the Tom Holland-starring Far From Home back into theatres for Labour Day weekend in the USA and Canada on August 29.

Disney acquired Marvel Entertainment in 2009, and the Spider-Man franchise - which is owned by Sony Pictures - didn't hop on board the MCU train until 2015.

Sony has announced that a Spider-Man: Far From Home extended cut will hit theaters on Thursday, August 29. Sony proposed keeping the arrangement going under the current terms where Marvel receives in the range of 5% of first dollar gross, sources said. To start with the good news, Tom Holland will indeed continue playing Spider-Man in future movies. If a deal isn't reached, do you want Tom Holland's Spider-Man to team up with Tom Hardy's Venom?

EU's Tusk: Johnson letter offered no "realistic alternatives" to Brexit
In a note circulated to diplomats from the EU27, officials describe points made by Boris Johnson as "misleading" and "incorrect". The European Commission said that Johnson's letter does not hold any "legally operational solution" to stop a hard border.

Editor's Note: So far, there's no word on an Australian release for these extra four minutes of footage, but given that we did get the Avengers re-release, it's not out of the realm of possibility. It may seem from the outside that Sony is making a huge mistake by losing Feige, who has been the mastermind behind the $22.6 billion-earning MCU, but we're certain that the studio has its reasons (beyond money-related ones) for arriving at this decision.

As for what this outcome does for Marvel, well, it goes without saying that the studio will keep itself busy.

Far From Home positioned Peter Parker as a major character in the MCU following the death of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark/Iron Man.

The two studios had worked together on 2017's Spider-Man: Homecoming and this summer's Spider-Man: Far From Home, which was also the vehicle for introducing the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe following the release of Avengers: Endgame. As it stands right now, however - and all according to the report - there won't be any more MCU movies featuring Spider-Man.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.