Atatiana Jefferson’s Father Dies Less Than Month After Police Officer Killed Her

FILE- The father of Atatiana Jefferson suffered a heart attack and died Saturday Nov. 9 2019 at a Dallas hospital

FILE- The father of Atatiana Jefferson suffered a heart attack and died Saturday Nov. 9 2019 at a Dallas hospital

The father of Atatiana Jefferson, who was devastated when his daughter was shot dead by police in her own home in Fort Worth, Texas, has died just weeks after his daughter was killed.

A family spokesman said her father, Marquis Jefferson, died Saturday at a Dallas hospital, Fox 4 Dallas reported. "I don't know what else to say", Carter said.

The 28-year-old Jefferson was killed last month after police went to her home for a welfare check.

Atatiana was killed on October 12 when Fort Worth police responded to an "open structure call" in the 1200 block of E. Allen Avenue at around 2:30 a.m.

Carter tells KDFW that Jefferson, 59, 'just couldn't get back from what happened with his daughter'.

Volkswagen ID. Space Vizzion hints at the firm's first electric estate
In addition, Anting is doing its best to integrate environmentally friendly and intelligent factory technologies for VW in China. It plans to release the model's production version in 2021 and to design different versions for North America, Europe and China.

On Oct. 18, a Dallas County judge granted Marquis Jefferson a temporary restraining order, giving him full authority to make arrangements for his daughter's funeral and burial. "He just couldn't get back from what happened with his daughter".

"He was battling to be a part of her life to the end", Carter told CNN on Sunday. Her service took place October 24 after a judge issued a temporary restraining order in her father's favor. Family members said she had chose to move into the property in order to look after her ailing mother.

Jefferson's nephew later told investigators that his aunt "heard noises coming from outside" as the two were playing video games and "took her handgun from her purse" before she was shot through the window.

The family's attorney, Lee Merritt, said at the time that the doors of the house were open so a cool breeze would enter the house while Atatiana, who was known as "Tay", played video games with her eight-year-old nephew, Zion. Dean later resigned from the department and has since been charged with murder. Body-worn camera footage shows Dean approach Jefferson's window and open fire nearly before he finishes shouting for Jefferson to put her hands up.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.