Ford says there will be 'further restrictions moving forward'

Stay at Home

Stay at Home

Premier Doug Ford also told reporters earlier on Tuesday that it is possible that he will announce further public health restrictions in addition to the provincewide "emergency brake" as soon as tomorrow, as cases continue to climb and hospital strain mounts. Toronto Public Health followed on Tuesday, closing city schools to in-person learning starting Wednesday.

The chief medical officers of health for Toronto, Peel Region and Ottawa made the recommendations in a letter to Dr. David Williams, the province's top doctor. "And again, we have to focus on where we see the problem three regions, York, Peel, in Toronto represents 60 per cent of the COVID cases".

Noting on Tuesday that the United States has reached a milestone of 150 million vaccinations since President Joe Biden entered office, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said Biden will officially announce that by April 19 all adult Americans will be eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine.

Ontario's cabinet is now discussing whether to issue a stay-at-home order after a request was made by three of the province's top doctors, sources have confirmed to CTV News Toronto. "This variant is moving hour-by-hour, day-by-day so we have to move with it and be nimble and be quick and that's what we're doing", he said.

Ford says officials will send mobile units into COVID-19 hotspots and to companies to ensure that they "target these businesses". Retail stores were all allowed to remain open with strict capacity limits.

Richard Okorogheye: Police find body in search for missing teen
The Metropolitan Police has deployed officers, horses, and dogs in the search for missing Nigerian student, Richard Okorogheye . In the CCTV footage shows, he was wearing all black with a a black satchel bag sporting a white Adidas logo.

On Monday, there were 494 patients being treated in intensive care units across Ontario with a COVID-related critical illness, the government said, an all time high for the province.

"Going to the malls is not essential", the Premier said.

In a Twitter thread, Etches said she is "in the process of reviewing the COVID data in schools to advise on an approach to take for schools in Ottawa".

There were 942 people hospitalized with the virus during the same period, though the Ministry of Health noted that 10 per cent of Ontario's hospitals do not submit data on weekends.

Ontario's active caseload is only a few thousand cases below its January peak, and only a few hundred patients away from its maximum COVID-19 hospitalization burden.

Recommended News

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.